100 Great Reasons To Own A Swimming Pool
The Family Fun Reasons
1. The Endless Vacation – Owning a swimming pool is like being on permanent vacation: it’s always a great day and tomorrow will be a great day too. The entire family will think
they’ve moved to paradise.
2. The Essence of Enjoyment – A backyard swimming pool is always a fun place. No matter how it is used – for games, for relaxation, or for exercise – the pool experience is pure
enjoyment at its finest.
3. Kids Learn To Swim Early – Most children naturally love water. Just wait until they learn to swim! What better, healthier environment is there than a place they can go and be
themselves – the fish of the family?
4. Teach Grandma and Grandpa to Swim – So many elders never had the chance to learn to swim. They’ve loved watching the grandchildren in a pool and more than likely would love to join them. Go ahead: teach them in your own private oasis where they feel comfortable and secure.
5. Learn to Snorkel – Sure it’s great to snorkel in the tropics, but not everyone has the opportunity to go there. The family pool is a great alternative. The children will believe
they’re swimming with the sharks off the great – barrier reef. Thankfully, they’re at home just outside the window.
6. Encourage Togetherness – Like a magnet, the family pool – and especially the spa – encourage everyone to come together, some call it bonding, others simply call it love – the kind that keeps families close.
7. The Kids are Only Young Once – Just ask the parent who has sent a son or daughter off to college wondering where the time went. If there ever was a perfect reason to purchase a pool today, it’s children.
8. What Else Gives so Much Pleasure? – Think about it. Name a purchase or attended event that pleases like a swimming pool. A vacation, a party, a movie or even a month at
a theme park all come quickly to an end. In a blink of an eye they’re gone, but a swimming pool adds pleasure for years.
9. Give the Family Something Special – There’s nothing to look forward to that’s more special than a new swimming pool. All families eagerly await the purchase. For most, it’ll
be like a dream coming true; nothing can be better than that.
10. Incredible Toys to Play With – A swimming pool opens up so many new avenues of fun. There are many great toys for pools that will delight everyone in the family, from floats to boats to things that encourage you to feel your oats. Holiday presents, anyone?
11. Good, Clean Fun – From the youngest child to the oldest member of the family, a pool represents all the good things of life. And watching people of all ages having fun in a pool is enough to lighten the heart and give one reason to smile.
12. Memories – Not the song, but the real thing. Remember what a swimming pool meant to you as a child? Now imagine what it will do for the children in your home. You might be sparking the best memories of all.
13. Quintessentially the Best – Inch for inch, minute for minute, there are more fun opportunities for kids and parents in the pool than any other place on earth.
14. Let the Family Know You Care – There are gifts and then there are gifts. Nothing quite compares to a pool, no matter what kind, shape or size. Any pool is perfect. Best of all, a pool says something special to the ones you love. It’s an opportunity to get closer together and it works marvelously well.
15. The Theme Park You Own – With so many games, floats, slides and toys available, it’s no wonder the backyard pool has been dubbed a theme park. What’s especially nice, it
never has long lines and you control the hours when it’s open. Fun happens here on a continuous basis.
The Luxurious Lifestyle Reasons
16. You Love Relaxing – There is no better place to relax than by a pool or on a float in a pool. It helps you unwind forget the troubles of work and the stress of everyday
encounters. The soothing effects of a pool are almost immeasurable.
17. You Love to Read and Rejuvenate – Just ask anyone who owns a pool how easy it is to read in a comfortable chair next to the sereneness of the water. When the spirit moves
you, take a dip for a quick refresher and them plow back into your favorite pages.
18. The Best Family Present Ever – Many people have been thinking about pool ownership because it fits their lifestyle goals to a tee. Now may be the best time to indulge yourself and your loved ones and help create the special environment you always wanted for your home.
19. Your Own Tanning Salon – Families who have pools have better tans. It’s all done naturally, too. Lounging on a float, even on a chair, helps most people perfect the tan
everyone is envious of.
20. It will Add Balance to Your Life – After a hard day at work or school, nothing is more inviting and rejuvenating than the family pool. Its value will increase every time you’re
away. Shouldn’t you have a pool to look forward to? We think so.
21. Supreme Enjoyment – For some families, a swimming pool is a natural part of their everyday life. They view its existence as some view an easy chair. A pool is one of those
destinations in their home where they can be themselves and be totally at ease.
22. Enjoy Yourself, It’s Later Than You Think – Not only children, but you, too, deserve a swimming pool. It is one of those special rewards that most people have always wanted,
but for some reason, have put off for another day or another lifetime. Don’t wait any longer.
23. Make a Personal Fashion Statement – For those with a passion for fashion, a new pool can be built to your custom design. And it encourages coordination of a vast array of
accouterments and leisure attire. From landscaping and lawn chairs to sunglasses, swimsuits and towels, there are lots of opportunities to make your pool scene your own.
24. Every Home Deserves a Pool House – Your residence is complete in almost every way. But you’ve always wanted a special place to entertain guests for outdoor affairs or
evenings on the lawn. A pool house or cabana would be perfect. But first, your property needs a pool.
25. Because You Know the Value of Ownership – This knowledge isn’t something you’ve just discovered, it’s something that has accumulated with keen observation and the desire to do something positive for yourself. Go do it and enjoy!
The Better Health Reasons
26. Better Health – It is possible to treat yourself and your loved ones to great entertainment at home and a healthier lifestyle as well. A swimming pool in the backyard
is all of that and more.
27. The Best Exercise – People who use their pool as part of their everyday exercise think that swimming and aquatics are the very best exercises for the body. Many physicians
and health trainers agree. Water exercises are more beneficial because they put less stress on limbs and joints.
28. The Way to Sleep Better – A lot of people who own swimming pools have concluded that a late evening swim or a few minutes in the spa invites the best sleep of all. Somehow the muscles seem to relax and you sleep better as a result of the experience.
29. Great for Arthritis and Sore Joints – Some people who suffer from the pain of arthritis are convinced that a regular program of water exercises is one of the ways to beat the
debilitating effects of the disease. Obviously, everyone should contact a doctor first. Then, if permitted, get into a rehabilitation program as quickly as possible.
30. A Wonderful Environment for Those with Disabilities – Pool and spa accessory manufacturers have developed lifts and access equipment so that all family members can
enjoy the benefits of the water. What was once considered a playground for the fit is nowa perfect destination for those in need of aquatic exercise at home.
31. A Strong Heart – Most people recognize that a program of exercise and a healthy diet is a great way to stay in shape. Swimming and aquatics can help all family members maintain their weight and also build a strong, healthy heart. A backyard pool may be the ticket to a longer, healthier life.
32. Aquatics Are In – A great number of books and magazines talk about the superior benefits of aquatics versus other types of exercise. With a pool in your backyard you can
enjoy what some call the perfect exercise for the entire body.
33. Work Off Big Meals Quickly – The pool in the backyard is more than just convenient. It’s a great inducement for exercise anytime. There really isn’t a better way to get the
34. A Great Alternative to Becoming a Couch Potato – After a busy day or a big meal, too many American’s take to the easy chair and sleep themselves into poor health. The
backyard pool can help everyone from becoming a couch potato.
35. Better Than Watching Television – While TV can sometimes be entertaining it is no competition for good fun and healthy exercise. A swimming pool offers both – maybe
even a longer life.
36. Sports are More Fun in the Pool – Everyone enjoys games in the pool. Some are more fun because they can involve most family members, not just the ones who excel.
37. Swimming and Exercise are Healthy Ways to Regain a Lost Appetite – The effects of water on the appetite are phenomenal. A regular exercise program in the pool may help
some family members get back into good eating habits.
The Family Reasons
38. Help Your Children Build Self – Confidence – Learning to swim, dive and interact compatibly with others helps build confidence in children and prepares them for life.
39. Lessons Learned in a Pool can Last Forever – While exercise, diet, self – confidence and health are all individually great motivating factors for the purchase of a swimmin
g pool, each plays a role in life that is long – term in nature.
40. Stress – Free Floating -Floating is freedom – freedom from stress and freedom from any kind of tension. This stress – free experience allows you to think about life, the family and all the jobs you handle. It can free you of all cares and woes.
The Convenience Reasons
41. Beat the Heat – When it’s hot outside, nothing satisfies the mind and body like a dip in the pool. Owners can refresh themselves with little concern about heat waves. This is a
primary reason to own your pool.
42. Conveniently Close to Home – Who loves packing up the kids and all the accessories to drive somewhere to cool off? Some say that the convenience factor alone is reason
enough to warrant the purchase.
43. You’ll Know Where Your Kids Are – Many pool owners will tell you that just knowing that their children are close by is one of the major benefits of having a backyard pool.
44. Knowing – Knowing where the children play is important to most families, but knowing who they associate with may even be more important.
45. A Family Meeting Place – A swimming pool is a great place to meet and talk. For many families, it’s the only place where they get together. It’s less formal and demanding than the dinner table. Everyone is doing their own thing at lunch, and breakfast is always on the fly.
46. There Will be Less Grass to Cut – A swimming pool space helps eliminate some yard. But, here’s more pleasant news. After mowing or other chores, a swimming pool is there to reward you. A refreshing splash is all it takes to renew the body and refresh the spirit.
47. Avoid Being Embarrassed – Some folks never go to the beach or swim in a public place because they feel funny in a bathing suit. With a pool on your property, you can enjoy all the benefits you’ve been missing.
48. Beats Joining a Swim Club – With your own swimming pool, you have your own swim club. Here, wonderful things happen: the crowds are down, there’s no fighting for
poolside seating and no one is there to splash you while you rest. No one is in your way when you swim and nobody hits you from behind. Imagine, a perfect day at the pool.
49. Grandchildren Will Want to Visit You – Grandparents rejoice. There is a way to keep the grandchildren coming back. You guessed it. It’s a backyard or indoor pool you own. Don’t think for one minute that this statement is not true. A pool is a very compelling reason to get the youngsters to visit frequently.
50.Knowing it’s There and Always Ready – There is a special feeling knowing you have a swimming pool of your own. That convenience can never be truly measured. Just
knowing it awaits you anytime, day or night, as a reward for hard work or as a way of gaining essential relaxation, is a great comfort to pool owners everywhere.
51. Today’s Pools Offer Great Value – Families who purchase pools today find ways to free up time to enjoy them. Some add heaters and covers to extend their seasons; others add enclosures to gain year – round convenience. And, automated cleaners keep maintenance to a minimum.
52. Keeps the Kids Outdoors on Nice Days – All parents want their children to get fresh air and sunshine. There probably has never been a better inducement than a swimming pool and a couple of friends.
53. A Cool Dip After Tennis – Your friends will love it, especially if you already have a home court. As the match heats up, everyone will be thinking about the special rewards that follow. It may even improve your game.
54. The Pool Looks Good from the 18th Green – You’re out on the golf course, the temperature is in the 90’s and so is your golf score. The best reward you can think of is a
quick drive home and a few hours of fun, enjoying your pool and your family.
55. Today’s Easy Care Electronics – Today’s pools are extremely easy to maintain. Many come with advanced electronics; remote control features and simplified operating
procedures. Homeowners now have more time to enjoy their pools and spend less time looking after them.
56. No Reservations Required – it’s true that many pool owners have decided that they would rather be at home enjoying themselves than fight ing the crowds at resorts. No advanced reservations are required and the time spent at play is greatly extended and often less expensive.
57. Train a Competitive Child – A swimming pool in the backyard will aid the competitive swimmer or driver in the family. Look at the famous water sports figures and you’ll
discover that the backyard pool was where their fame may have begun. It certainly is a big help in training.
58. A Great Excuse for Staying Fit – A swimming pool in the yard offers owners the perfect excuse not to go off looking elsewhere for fun and entertainment. Most families find the pool to be the perfect place to rediscover their best friends.
The Romantic Reasons
59. It’s Sexy in the Moonlight – When the day is done and the children are tucked in bed, the swimming pool awaits. Under a moonlit sky a pool is very, very romantic. Just ask the adults who own one. Of course, they must be willing to tell the truth.
60. For A Secret Rendezvous – Day or evening, the swimming pool or spa is a great place to meet. It is a wonderful spot for conversation and to rediscover the person you truly love. Under a full moon, the pool reflects that special glow and, without fail, the wolf emerges from the thick of night – and just at the right time, too.
61. Skinny Dipping – Everyone would like to skinny dip at least once – especially with the person they love. But where? The only safe place is to do it at home, in your own private
pool. Be sure to tuck the kids in bed before you slip softly into the water.
62. Your Own Private Lagoon – Listen…you can almost hear the call of wild birds. The enchanted jungle awaits you and a partner to experience the soothing pleasure of this
therapeutic lagoon. The water cascades into a crystal clear pool that is especially inviting. This need not be a dream.
63. The Stars Come Out – Every evening, when you are with the person you love, and you are sitting by the pool or in it, the stars come out. It is easy to see them as they reflect in the dark water. Any guess as to the number of stars that are working for you on nights such as this?
64. All the Good Times Ahead – Ownership of a swimming pool doesn’t end with your first romantic encounter. The pool can be very compelling when those in love are trying to
mend their feelings for each other. And there’s no need to call for an appointment.
65. Those Private Mini Vacations With #1 – You’ve got to get away from it all. Mom says she’ll watch the children. Where do you go? Most places are far away or too expensive. The very best, most comfortable place on earth is home. It has the best bed, the best pillows and there’s no parking or traveling involved. Your other half thinks so, too. The pool
awaits, the spa is bubbling and your friends and neighbors think you are far, far away. Guess what? You’ve arrived.
66. Make A New Friend – A swimming pool, especially one that has a built – in spa, is a great inducement to lure a new friend to join you in romantic conversation or to relax the night away. A few words are all it takes to extend an invitation that just might turn out to be an eternal offering.
67. Poolside Weddings are Spectacular – If there’s a bubbling fountain in the center of the pool and the scent of fresh flowers are in the air, what environment could be more perfect for a wedding? A swimming pool in a private garden is as special and romantic as it gets. The participants and all those in attendance will always remember the event.
68. Your Personal Luxury – It’s an old axiom known to owners: those who purchase a pool for their children often discover it is the parents who love it most.
In fact, even after the kids are off on their own, the pool becomes their own personal escape from the world and they would never think of giving it up. Why should they?
The Social Reasons
69. Perfect for Entertaining – Everything works better outdoors. Food, conversation, neighborhood gatherings all are special events when you have a pool.
70. Pride of Ownership – A swimming pool is one of those great purchases that makes people wonder why they hadn’t bought sooner. There’s the same kind of pride as for
one’s car or one’s home.
71. Pool Parties for all Ages – A birthday party for kids can be a hassle, but when it’s by the pool, it’s really memorable. Adults love pool parties, too. A swimming pool adds a unique twist to the old way of doing things.
72. World’s Best Picnics – Picnics are fun. They’re even better when it’s your turn to play host. That’s because you have a pool to keep everyone entertained.
73.Start a Trend – Be the first. That new pool in the neighborhood is usually the catalyst for others that follow. You knew it was a great idea when you decided to build, but then, you always were the trendsetter, weren’t you?
74. You’ve Arrived – Your new swimming pool is a symbol that tells the world that you know how to live. It’s a milestone purchase on the road of life.
75. Envy of the Neighborhood – Beyond the notion that you can afford a swimming pool, the purchase, especially on a hot day, is one that leaves neighbors wishing they could make.
76. No Longer Envious of Others – The purchase of a swimming pool relieves all of the envious desires that were once built – up. You’ve joined the club. You’re one of the “have.”
77. Strut Your Stuff – You look good in bathing suites but none of your friends or neighbors can tell. Show them when you invite them to your pool parties.
78. Be the Talk of the Town – This very visible purchase will give all your neighbors something special to talk about. It demonstrates the importance of having fun and family
The Economic Reasons
79. Prices May Never be Lower – Today’s the day. Next week or next year it may be more costly, so now is the time to purchase the pool of your dreams. As someone once said,
“timing is everything.”
80. Your Pool May be Tax Deductible – That’s right. If you purchase a swimming pool using a home equity loan, the swimming pool purchase can save you money come April 15th. Talk to your accountant.
81. Swimming Pools are Affordable – Today there are many types of pools and many ways to buy them. All give the same sense of pride as well as well as all of the natural benefits and rewards of ownership. Explore all of your options, and then don’t wait another minute.
82. Easy to Finance – Swimming pools are extremely easy to finance. Families use everything from credit cards to home equity loans to get the exact pool they want. Low
interest rates give purchasers an extra measure of affordability, which some use to get extra bells and whistles.
83. Off Season Prices are Low – Many builders offer special off – season prices. This practice helps keep their talented workforce busy when they would otherwise be slow.
Above ground pools may also be available at low end – of – season prices, enabling the purchaser to save big bucks.
84. Today’s Technology Keeps Operating Costs Down – Today’s buyer can find many new ways to minimize the cost of pool upkeep. In recent years pool manufacturers have added systems and technology to their product lines that have improved efficiency and cost – effectiveness for homeowners.
85.Pools are Less Expensive Than Many Alternatives – A swimming pool can cost less than a big family vacation. It will last a lot longer, too. A week long cruise for a family of five can be a lot more expensive than many swimming pools.
86. An Inexpensive Date – A swimming pool is not always a substitute for a night on the town, but is sure is less expensive and easier to pull off. Entertainment costs a lot today. The family pool provides an opportunity to have fun and save some money. Friends may even prefer it to the costlier alternatives. And, it’s private.
87. Revamp Your Lifestyle Without Relocation – You don’t need to move out or move up. Invest in a pool designed to complement your current home and grounds and you’ll be
amazed at the improvement in your property and lifestyle. It’s an attractive alternative.
88. Take Advantage of Builder Incentives – The perfect time to buy is when pool companies are offering special inducements. Incentives can include dollars off, free spas, free
covers, free heaters, free options and even deck furniture. All are worth consideration as part of a means to an end that you truly want.
89. “Play Pools” are Easy on the Pocketbook – Some families have opted for shallow, inground “play pools.” Like their above ground cousins, they use less water, they’re easier
and less expensive to maintain and allow anyone who can’t swim to enjoy a refreshing dip on a hot day.
90. Express Your Creativity – Custom shapes don’t necessarily cost more when you’re building an inground concrete pool. Most pool builders can create any shape you want,
from a tennis racket to a guitar. Pricing is normally a result of pool depth and square footage, plus options, so express yourself.
91. A Pool is a Great Asset – Installing a swimming pool helps position a home as an estate, with much the same way that a tennis court or guesthouse would. Most homeowners,
however, see the pool as an investment they’ve made for themselves – one that pays dividends that dollars can’t measure.
92. It Makes Your House a Home – In tropical climes and desert – like places, a house with no pool is just enclosed space. But in a pool you’ve a great place to call “home.”
The Aesthetic Reasons
93. The Centerpiece of the Garden – Those who own a swimming pool know it’s aesthetic value. They understand how its placement and its purpose often become the center of
attention. Swimming pools are beautiful and jewel – like: they attract, they reflect and, often, they inspire. All that adorns the garden is enhanced when it is near the pool.
94. Any Customized Purpose – When pool builders say they can build it your way, the mean it. Your company logo, the musical instrument you play, even the shape of your favorite flower can be designed into tile work on the actual walls of a new pool.
95. Add Beauty to Your Home – Your home, no matter how beautiful, will be greatly enhanced with the addition of a swimming pool. Pools are not only fun and functional;
they add a certain grace to every landscape and a backdrop that no other adornment can duplicate.
96. Add Value to Your Estate – Certain items make homes into estates. A swimming pool is certainly one of them. A tennis court is another. Realtors who market upscale properties will tell you that buyers are often surprised – or disappointed – if a swimming pool is not included on an estate – sized property they are interested in.
97. Create a Tropical Paradise – From waterfalls to block bottom lagoons, today’s pool buyers are adding the “natural look” to their backyards. Often, they blend nature’s own special effects into a newly created setting, establishing an enchanted forest or tropical paradise right at home.
98. An Indoor Oasis – Homes that have indoor pools have a grandeur all their own. Owners often create exceptional spaces reminiscent of grottos, gardens and greenhouses. Indoor pools also become year – round playgrounds for the family – a beautiful oasis that can give nourishment to the weary, 365 days a year.
99. A Pool Feels Right, Day and Night – In the morning air, a walk in the garden, especially by the pool, gives a certain satisfaction. It just feels right. That special feeling also
reappears in the evening, under a full moon or in the light cast from garden lanterns. It’s quieter here, more natural and far away from the pace of everyday life. It’s okay to linger and take in all the beauty that you see.
100. Beautiful, Gracious Entertaining – The sun is up, it’s mid – afternoon and tea will be served to the social club out by the pool. You know the setting will be perfect since
everyone will enjoy the serene ambiance you’ve created. The sun is down and business associates are about to arrive for dinner. Cocktails by the pool will create the perfect
mood to start a proper evening.